Delicious white rice from Niigata.
The Yukinkomai rice is a special cross between the Domannaka rice and the Yukinosei rice and it was first produced in Japan’s Niigata prefecture back in 1988. It is fragrantly flavoursome with a firm texture and complements well with side dishes.
Additionally, these Yukinkomai rice from Niigata prefecture were imported with special care from Japan and then locally milled in Singapore to ensure freshness and the best quality!
How to cook delicious rice.
- Measurement rice carefully. It’s easiest to use the measuring cup that normally comes in with the rice cooker.
- Wash the uncooked rice in water. Using the flat of the hand, stir the grains gently for about 30 seconds. After washing, drain off the water left in the rice. Change the water 2 or 3 times until the liquid washes away with a gentle whiteness.
- One key to good rice is the amount of water. Take care to use the proper amount of water when cooking the rice. (1:1 water to rice ratio methode)
- Rice should absorb enough water before cooking. Soak the rice to allow the water to penetrate to the core of the grains. Soaking time varies depending on the season. When water temperature of 20°C, soak for 30 minutes. At 5°C, 60 minutes or more is a good benchmark.
- After that, all you have to do is to press the button to start cooking! After the rice is done cooking, don’t open the lid just yet but leave it for 10-15 minutes, then stir it to let the water evaporate.
How to store the rice.
- Store in a dry and cool place.
- If exposed to the direct sunlight or the air, rice will be cracked due to the water evaporation.
- As prone to take the flavor, avoid to store near detergent, air freshener or cosmetic product.
Caution for handling.
- Be careful with water leak as the rice quality may change.
- Do not leave the bag near the fire as it is flammable.
- Do not put any products other than those indicated in the bag.
Product EXP. 23/12/2021